Office: (203) 935-8160 | 24 Hour Patient Line: (475) 655-3427

Fairfield, CT —  Dr. Mark Melendez, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon — with offices in Fairfield and Shelton, Connecticut — is incorporating a donation equation into his practice. During the months of September and October of 2016, he will be donating a percentage of the proceeds — from surgeries that he performs that are related to breast cancer —  to Susan G. Komen Southern New England.

“Each year, I am proud to make a donation, in honor of my patients, and to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. I always choose this charity because they are dedicated to fighting breast cancer locally. It is important to note that Connecticut is the state, with the highest incidence of breast cancer in the United States, acording to the National Cancer Institute. We have a great deal of work to do,” he said.

Susan G. Komen Southern New England is dedicated to helping women, and men, that have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  While 75 percent of the funds, that they raise, remain in Connecticut —  and are used for local breast cancer education, screening, and treatment programs — the remaining 25 percent, of the funds, are invested in research to find the causes and the cures for breast cancer. Dr. Melendez is very proud to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of this esteemed charitable organization. Additional information is available at

Dr. Melendez is a dedicated and gifted surgeon, who performs a full spectrum of surgical procedures, for the face, hand, breast, and body, along with facial rejuvenation (fillers). He is also a Johns Hopkins fellowship-trained microvascular surgeon who performs reconstruction surgery, for breast cancer patients, including the DIEP flap procedure (using the patient’s own tissue) and breast implant surgery.

Additionally, Dr. Melendez has performed volunteer surgery, on uninsured patients in Connecticut, and on patients during several international medical missons to Vietnam and Ecuador. He was named as a “Hometown Hero” by News 12 Connecticut, in 2015, and he will be honored in a segment, on Univision in Connecticut in October 2016, for his volunteer efforts in the state.

He became a surgeon to help people to live healthy and productive lives. He also believes in true patient accessibility — he provides each patient with his personal cell phone and he makes house calls when necessary.

Read More, Click HERE

COVID-19 Update: Non-urgent elective surgery and treatment will be postponed and scheduled out until further notice. Read more about our COVID-19 response.